The Internet provides countless opportunities for entrepreneurs to sell their products and get their names out there. If you are an entrepreneur trying to find the best platform to sell your goods or services, read my article on Entrepreneur.com to learn more about your options.
In my recent Entrepeneur.com piece Making Money Online: 5 Major Online Selling Opportunities for Any Entrepreneur you will find 5 of the best online selling platforms and their benefits. Today’s entrepreneurs need to have a web presence for their businesses to thrive. After all, 79% of Americans make purchases online. There are fewer brick and mortar stores, malls are closing, and the digital selling space is becoming increasingly competitive.
CLICK HERE to read the article
There are so many websites and services for people to sell their products, which can make it hard to decide which to use. I decided to write about online selling opportunities to educate entrepreneurs a hopefully make the decision process easier.
I discuss selling on Amazon and Facebook, using an ecommerce platform such as Magento, Shopify or Woocommerce, selling courses on Skillshare and Udemy, and selling books on Google Play and Apple iBooks. Each has its own unique benefits.
- Amazon has the advantage of its reputation as a household name and the biggest ecommerce store. It is a safe bet that your customers are already Amazon users.
- Facebook allows you to set up shop through your ecommerce store or from scratch. Chances are your customers are Facebook users, which allows you to reach them even when they are not actively shopping.
- Shopify, Magento, and Woocommerce allow entrepreneurs to have customized websites. They are user-friendly and make it easy to manage your inventory and fulfill orders.
- Skillshare and Udemy tap into the growing elearning market and are used by millions of people. Many people do not have time to go back to school or take an in-person course, which is why these professional development websites are so popular.
- Google Play and iBooks simplify the process of publishing your books and grant you the freedom of setting your own prices.
There is not a right answer for which selling avenue you should choose. To pick the best platform, you need to answer these questions: what am I selling, who am I selling to, where do my customers shop. You also need to consider your areas of expertise. Do you know how to run an ecommerce business? How do you plan on marketing your business? How will you gain and retain customers? Think long and hard about your brand, your company, and your resources. This will help you make the right decision that best meets your goals and needs.